The Norwell® Bailer Assembly includes a complete set of mix-and-match PTFE/FEP bailer components that are ideal in either dedicated or portable applications. Norwell® bailers are the sampling devices of choice because of their innovative functional designs. Select individual top, body and bottom bailer components to create a customized bailer. All parts sold separately.
Norwell® Bailer Assembly Component Options:
- Suspension Cord (A) — The Norwell® Suspension Cord is used to raise and lower bailers, pumps and other sampling equipment into the well. The cord is made of 304 stainless steel wire (3/32" diameter) covered with PTFE resin and sealed with caps of PTFE at each end. The Norwell® Suspension Cord is supplied on metal spools suitable for field use and can be cut easily to desired lengths with wire cutters.
- Standard Top — The Standard Top has a "V" notched opening for accurate pouring and a round thread design for easy cleaning. The threaded assembly will not separate accidentally and the chafe guard provides for wear and abrasion protection.
- Point Sampling Top (B) — Similar to Standard Top, with an added check valve that closes during sample retrieval to isolate samples taken at specific depths.
- Bailer Body (C) — Transparent non-graduated cylinder tube made of 100% virgin FEP resin (available in several sizes). The Bailer Body permits viewing of the sample. Capacity can be increase with the addition of extension sections and couplings.
- Extension Coupling — Used to increase bailer capacity by joining multiple bailers together.
- Standard Bottom —The Standard Bottom has a precision ground check valve that stays confined to the bottom section, preventing loss of sampled material. A special seat design prevents leakage and premature opening when emptying, while a round thread design enables easy cleaning. This bottom also has a chafe guard for reducing wear and abrasion.
- Bottom Emptying Check Assembly — The check valve on the Bottom Emptying Check Assembly opens when the plunger contacts the sample vessel enabling the contents to empty with minimal agitation. This style is ideal for the rapid purging of wells.
- Control Flow Bottom Emptying Assembly (D) — The Controlled Flow Bottom Emptying Assembly is used for controlled emptying of samples. The control valve and tubing detach to take samples from wells, and then reattach for emptying directly into a sample bottle. The valve controls flow rate from slow "drip" to rapid empty. The Controlled Flow Bottom minimizes agitation, aeration, and exposure to air.
- Norwell Quick-Connect — Attach and detach suspension cords, cables and bailers with a simple nut-style connection that prevents bailer loss due to knot release.